× Discussion of any issues related to the free check writing / cheque printer software.

How to import cheque batch for printing?

More
5 years 5 months ago #1909 by Peter Loo
Hi
Does this program allow for import of a cheque batch with sequential numbers for printing?
What is the import format (.csv) and how is this uploaded?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #1910 by Kap-Chew
Hi Peter,

1. Yes, you may import cheque transactions for batch printing, of course with or without sequential numbers.

2. Please visit here for more details: freechequewriter.com/import-cheque-transaction

More
5 years 5 months ago #1911 by Peter Loo
Hi
Thanks for the information on bulk printing.

I've downloaded the template and have a couple of questions:
1. in the first column for AccountNo, is this repeated for the payor account number to be printed on the cheque, and not the payee account number?
2. Remark column - where will this be printed on the cheque?
3. Place - where will this be printed? Is this for the location of the payor bank?

Once the template is uploaded, will the program identify the edition based on the bank selected?

Thanks
Peter

More
5 years 5 months ago #1912 by Peter Loo
Hi
Additionally, when looking for the steps to import the .txt file, the option is not in the tool menu.
In the free version of your app for Singapore Banks, the options under File => Payee, Data File Location, Exit.
There is no option for File => Transaction

Sorry, I didn't know I need to upgrade to get this batch printing to test before deciding if it serves my purpose before buying.

Thanks
Peter

More
5 years 5 months ago #1915 by Kap-Chew
Hi, this option is only accessible in the Paid Upgrade.

More
5 years 5 months ago #1916 by Kap-Chew
Hi,

1. Yes, the account number of your cheque clearing account.
2. Remark column is for keeping any additional info for the purpose of the cheque, it will not be printed in most country's editions except some.
3. The Place field is only applicable for those countries' cheques that require a Place field. If your country does not need this field, just leave it blank.
4. I don't understand your question of "will the program identify the edition based on the bank selected"

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds