× Discussion of any issues related to the free check writing / cheque printer software.

Supported Printer Model for Cheque Writer

More
6 years 5 months ago #1584 by mile47
Yes. It works without adjusting printer settings in the software.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #1587 by Patrick Lee
Thank for the free Cheque Writer. It free me from writing so much replied cheque for my son kindergarten fee (such as school bus, meal, tutorial fee).

My printer is EPSON AL-MX200 working under Windows 10 (64-bits).

EPSON provided two type of drivers for download
1. the EPSON Universal Printer Driver (the one with print preview function)... sorry this driver won't work with Cheque Writer.
2. the EPSON model specified driver (the one without print preview function)... It work but ONLY with the PS print driver.

Therefore, to make Cheque Writer work with EPSON AL-MX200.

I used to install the model specified PS print-driver. (download from Taiwan EPSON supporting page).
Install both PCL and PS drivers with setup.

After setup complete, change the PS print driver's name to the one you want (in control panel).... you cannot change it anymore, as it may cause cheque writer to crash.

The add a customer paper size "62.7mm x 160mm" for HSBC / SCB cheque.

Change all default paper-size as above with the dedicated new PS print driver.

Now, cheque writer will work with the EPSON printer

More
6 years 5 months ago #1588 by Kap-Chew
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for sharing the detailed steps for setting up EPSON AL-MX200 printer, I will add a link to your post ^^

More
6 years 1 month ago #1676 by Sebastian
Hi,

Need help with my MFC-L2750 brother printer. I am able to print everything except the numbers and date. Totally stuck.

Thank you for your kind advice.

More
6 years 1 month ago #1677 by Kap-Chew
Hi,

Can you show me a snapshot of the printed result? You may send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
6 years 1 month ago #1683 by Brix TAN
Hi,

Thanks for creating this useful program.

However, i am having trouble using it for my printer Canon MX927. It seems that this printer has very specific paper sizes for it to be able to print/work.... and the cassette tray only accommodates paper to be aligned center.

My work around is to put the cheque on top of an A4 paper, masking tape it, so that it can be fed into the printer.

However, the program has a default paper size (size of the cheque.) Therefore the printer cannot recognize this custom paper size even if the changed the printer settings to A4.

Any work around?

Thanks again...

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds