× Discussion of any issues related to the free check writing / cheque printer software.

Supported Printer Model for Cheque Writer

More
7 years 11 months ago #690 by Kap-Chew
Thanks ^^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #692 by Pooh
Dear Kap-Chew,

First of all, thank you for the software. I am from the Philippines and I emailed to inform you that my office printer is an HP Laser jet P1102. I tried using it but only the "A/C Payee Only" label is correctly printed. However, the name of the payee, the date, the amount both in words and in numbers are being printed below the lines where they supposed to be. I am using a Landbank check which has a length of 7.6 cm and a width of 23 cm. I scanned the check as pdf file and tried sending but was unable due to file size. May i ask for your help on how to remedy the problem so that i can print the check properly? If you need to see the check itself, let me know how i can email it to you.

Thank you so much for any advice or help.

Pooh

More
7 years 11 months ago #693 by Kap-Chew
Hi Pooh,

This is a typical situation that's caused by printer compatibility. In this case, you may try Tools->Options->Printer Adjustment to see if it works better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pooh

More
7 years 11 months ago #694 by Pooh
Thank you Kap Chew for your response. I tried adjusting it but it is the same. In the Philippines, our Central Bank has modified the sizes of personal checks and made it larger. It is now 7.6 cm in length and 23cm in width. The printer that i use - HP LaserJet P1102 is among those where your program works according to the forum. The Landbank check that is in your blog is an old one. I hope im not imposing too much by asking is there is a way to adjust so that the new check size will be recognized by your program for the Landbank check.

Again, thank you so much for help and the free software.

Best regards,

Pooh

More
7 years 11 months ago #695 by Kap-Chew
Hi Pooh, if the cheque format has changed, the only solution is for me to re-implement it in my software. You may scan the cheque image at 300dpi, save it in JPG format and send it to me together with it's width and height in mm, I will work on it when I am free later ^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pooh

More
7 years 11 months ago #696 by Pooh
Dear Kap Chew, B)

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I appreciate it very much. Attached is the Landbank check at 300 dpi in jpeg format.
The height of the Landbank check is 76mm and its width is 230 mm. I attached the actual check that i used for printing and that is the result even after several trials. Thank you very much again.

Pooh :)

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds